What is a time slot?
A time slot is the amount of time allotted for an appointment within your one-on-one scheduling screen. When a user (client) is accessing your fitSpot online these time slots are their provided options to schedule their one-on-one appointments from. Within this you need to take into consideration both your time slot intervals and your time slot gaps.
What is a time slot interval?
A time slot interval is the predetermined interval set that you wish to display within your application. For example, if your interval is set to one hour, your time slots are set to be spaced one hour from the selected start time. This interval is the designated spacing between appointments to allow you the freedom to align your schedule with your typical business practices.
What is a time slot gap?
A time slot gap is the allotted setup and breakdown time between your one-on-one appointments. This tells your fitSpot the “cushion” to add to the front and the back of each appointment to ensure that your one-on-one instructors have enough time to prepare for each session.
- From your dashboard click the menu icon on the top left hand side of your screen to open the dropdown menu
- Select “Setup” then select “Settings” under the "My fitSpot" section on the left hand side of the page
- Within the “Settings” page scroll down to reveal the One-on-One Settings box on the right hand side
- In the One-on-One Settings box there are options to set your time slot interval and time slot gap
- Select time slot interval and set your desired appointment interval to appear on the hour, on the half hour, every 15 minutes, every 10 minutes, or every 5 minutes
- Select time slot gap to set up your desired appointment spacing to be one hour, a half an hour, 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, or 0 minutes between sessions
Things to Note:
- If adding time slot gaps take note that your time slot intervals may adjust once appointments are made so that your interval and your gaps are correct
- For example, if I have a 1 hour interval and a 10 minute time gap and a client selects a 10am appointment, my next appointment will begin at 11:10 rather than 11am exactly. This is done to take into account the time slot gap and interval that you have created.