What is a Global Exception?
A global exception is any period of time which all employees schedules will be removed from availability. An example of a global exception would be a holiday, business closure, or event.
- From your dashboard, click the menu icon in the top left corner next to the fitDEGREE logo
- Within the menu options click “One-on-One”
- Within the one-on-one availability window a calendar for the week will populate on the screen.
- Click the plus sign in the top right corner next to the calendar icon
- A tab will pop up that reads “Create a…” and underneath it will read: appointment, availability, team member exception, and global exception. Click Global Exception
- In the tab that is titled “Create Global Exception” indicate whether this is a repeating exception or a one time exception
- Following this, input the start and end time of the exception
- If the exception will not repeat forever, click into the date range field and a calendar will appear. Select a date range by clicking the start and end dates on the calendar.
- Following this, click the days of the week which you would like this availability to be listed
- Once finished click the green “save” button and this will be added to your availability calendar
Things to Note:
- When creating your exception on a date range, if there are any dates within this range that your team member is available that otherwise would be marked as an exception, that is okay, there is a solution for this! After selecting your time and date range there is wording under the list of the days of the week that reads “x occurrences” with “View” next to it and “Includes x exceptions” with “Edit” next to it. Click on either “View” or “Edit” and select the days that you do not wish to be included in the Global Exception. Once done click the blue “Confirm” and then the green “Save.”