What Constitutes a Retail item?
A retail item is a good, rather than a service, provided by your business. This can be clothing, water bottles, food, and other such products available for purchase at your location.
- From your dashboard, click the menu icon in the top left corner next to the fitDEGREE logo
- Within the menu options, select “Setup” and follow the side menu to select “Retail” under the "Payment Options" section
- Once in the “Retail” Window, click the plus sign in the top right corner next to the search bar to bring up the “Create Retail Item” tab
- Once in the “Create Retail Item” tab, add the name of your item, the price of your item, the cost of your item, and a relevant tag for your item.
- Following input of information into all fields within the “Create Retail Item” tab, click the green “Create” button in the bottom right corner of the tab. Once you have done this, your retail item is live within your business inventory
Things to Note:
- When naming your product be sure to be specific rather than generic in order to prevent future confusion with similar products
- The cost of the item is an optional field within this tab, it is simply for your business records to indicate how much the business spent per item
- Creating relevant and specific tags for items is highly important. For example, using the tag accessories for boxing gloves would be proper usage of this function