What is a Membership?
With a membership, a client has access to designated classes as well as one-on-one services for a predetermined amount of time, or until they decide to terminate their membership. This differs from a Class Pass, as a Class Pass allows guests access to one specific class or class group for a predetermined amount of uses, but is not a recurring charge on their account and does not replenish once they have used their package.
Things to Consider:
- Before creating your membership, be sure that you have uploaded the proper waiver to accompany this specific membership if it is different from previous waivers. If you have not uploaded the waiver associated with this membership within your account, don’t sweat it! Click the green plus sign next to the waiver drop down in the “Details” tab, copy and paste your waiver, then add a title and you’re all set!
- Before crafting your memberships, it is best practice to add all of your classes and one-on-one services so that you can create memberships in the most efficient way possible. If at any point your business adds on a class, class group, or service, memberships can be edited to include these offerings.
- Memberships can be deactivated or edited at any time. To do this, open your “Memberships” window, and next to the membership you wish to edit or deactivate, click the corresponding three dots in the far right hand side and select the proper option from the drop-down menu.
- From your dashboard, click the menu icon in the top left corner next to the fitDEGREE logo
- Within the menu options, select “Setup” and follow the side menu to select “Memberships” under the "Payment Options" section
- Once in the Memberships screen, click the plus sign in the top right corner and a new tab will open to create your membership
- Under the tab labeled “Details” input all necessary membership information, such as: title, description, visibility, if this membership can be shared, and any necessary waivers
- For sale on app and admin means people can purchase this membership both online and within your business
- For sale on admin only means this membership can only be purchased through your business
- Not for sale means that the membership is not live on the app or for admin
- Within the visibility tab there are three options: for sale on app & admin, for sale on admin only, and not for sale
- Once all options are filled out for your membership details, click on the “Pricing” tab
- From here you will indicate the frequency of billing, apply any discounted periods, craft registration fees, and craft your membership so that it may only be purchased once per user
- If selecting a fixed number of payments, this will determine when the membership is set to expire, rather than the continual being charged until the client decides to terminate their membership
- Once all options are filled in on the “Pricing” tab, click on the “Included Classes” tab
- Immediately after entering the “Included Classes” tab the screen will indicate that there are no class packages added yet, click “Add Class Package” to indicate what offering of classes or class groups your business would like to include in this specific membership
- Within the “Create Class Package” tab you have the choice to create any range of usage allowance, from 1 to unlimited appointments per month, for this specific package and indicate the value per use
- Following the classification of attendance and value, either click the designated class groups, or switch into the “Classes” tab and indicate the designated classes for this specific membership
- After selecting your desired classes and usage for this membership, click the blue “Add Class(es)” button in the bottom right corner of the tab
- Once all options are filled in on the “Included Classes” tab, click on the “Included One-on-Ones” tab
- Immediately after entering the “Included One-on-One Package” tab the screen will indicate that there are no one-on-one services added yet, click “Add One-on-One Package” to indicate what offering of one-on-one services your business would like to include in this specific membership
- Within the “Create One-on-One Package” tab you have the choice to create any range of usage allowance, from 1 to unlimited appointments per month, for this specific package and indicate the value per use
- Following this, check all applicable one-on-one services then click the blue “Add Package” button in the bottom right corner of the tab
- After completing all steps within the “Details,” “Pricing,” “Included Classes,” and “Included One-on-Ones” tabs, click the green “Create” button in the top right corner located in the box titled “Create a Membership” (this box should now feature the length and payment amount of the membership you have just created)